first mac?

mrfluffy

OmniWeb Convert
what was your first mac? mine was a quadra 700 (25Mhz, 20MB, 230MB) with quarkxpress and photoshop. and i did more work on it than i do with my iMac (mainly cos i couldn't use any games or the internet).

My first mac was a IIsi (20MHz 4MB RAM 40MB HD) when I was three. :)
I played Glider Pro and poked around the system. My parents just that don't drag anything to the trash :)
My first mac that was my own was a WallStreet G3 (292, now a 350:confused:, 192MB RAM 7gig hd).

Originally posted by ksuther
My first mac that was my own was a WallStreet G3 (292, now a 350:confused:, 192MB RAM 7gig hd).
The first mac that's my own is the powerbook duo (see below), the iMac is a christmas present for me and my brother.

My first mac was a iMac 266 with 96 ram... in 1999
now i have for almost 6 months a G4 400 with 512 Ram. :)
Iam gooing to buy the Harman Kardon Soundsticks next month I CANT WAIT ! :)

My brother when he was a college student had a Macintosh Classic II ( his firts mac )

First that I could use... Macintosh 512 (1988)

First that I could afford to own... Macintosh SE (4/40), dual boot with System 6.0.8 and System 7.0.1 (1991)

(I currently own 8 Macs :D )

the original 128k in 1985. i had hip parents. the first one i personally owned was a IIsi. now using a imac 700 SE.

Our first was a SE/30 (I think), then we got an LC 4/40, a Performa 5200, then a PowerMac 8600, a PowerMac 6500 (which I sold and bought an iMac/333 instead few weeks later), then a Quadra 700 ;)
I still have the PowerMac, Performa, iMac and the Quadra, using all of them, of course ;)

my first mac was a power mac 7500 i think. I know it was a power macintosh though. It was 66 Mhz, 8 mb ram, 256 Mb HD. I use to play Escape Velocity and Realmz on it all the time. Now on my iBook 500 I'm making my own video games.

-whitesaint

First Mac: PowerBook 520c, 50Mhz 68LC040 (Ready for PowerPC uprade), 25Mhz system bus, 4MB RAM (32MB RAM installed now), 240MB HD.

First Apple: Apple IIgs Woz Limited Edition, 256K RAM, 3.5" floppy, 5.24" floppy, RGB color monitor.

First Computer: Timex Sinclair 1000, 2K RAM (Upgraded with 16K RAM PACK), 8K ROM, Cassette recorder for storage.

ALL OF THESE COMPUTERS STILL WORK!!!

my first mac was the original mac, when I was really young and my dad worked for apple. We had a few macs, but then my dad worked for NeXT and we had one of those, then I went to PCs for a long time (uggg). Now I'm back with an ibook. WHAT A COMPUTER! :)

well...
the first mac I used was a Mac Plus, then an LC II and an LC III and then I bought my own, a Performa 635CD, 4MB RAM (upgraded to 16), 230MB HD and 33Mhz processor ;)

first computer: radio shack TRS-80 – aka the Trash 80 (circa 1980)
first mac: Mac Plus (late 1986)

both long gone, but not forgotten.

latest edition to the family: iBook 600 combo

The first mac I used (could not afford a computer back then) was the MacPlus.

That's not particularly remarkable, but I did use it to make layout a newspaper using Quark XPress 3.32! :D

That's where I learned to be *very* efficient in my computer use since it took 31 seconds for every screen redraw (including scrolling)! :D :D

Now I have a 677Mhz G4 with 1.2GB of RAM now and everything is pretty much instantaneous. :D

was an PowerMac 8200/120 with a blazingly fast 32mb ram. Then a G3 300 AV (lovellllyyyy machine).

Now onto the G4 466.

Which brings me onto my question: I am deciding between a new g4 or a new iMac (I know the pros and cons between processors blah blah blah...) but, the iMac allows for two monitors. However, Apple states this is for just mirroring the LCD screen. CAN YOU CREATE A DUAL-MONITOR DESKTOP with the new iMacs??? This is crucial to my decision. Cheers ears!:)

Oh, and my very first computer: a BBC Micro B 32k (UK only I think)!

First I used: Macintosh Plus (first gen, beige one, later there were gray ones)
First I owned: Spectre GCR emulator for Atari ST (that one was as fast as a Mac Plus but the STf had 640*400 resolution, which was more screen real estate)
First REAL Mac I owned: PowerBook 150 (great little PowerBook, VERY light @ 2.5kg, great battery running time, bad screen 4 megs of RAM with System 7.1 and RamDoubler :) :) :))

Back