formac studio capture resolution?

Elk

Registered
Hi all, i'm looking in getting the formac studio firewire video capture device, can someone tell me what's the largest resolution this thing capture's at? and can it capture from the tv feed?
thanks

The highest resolution is something like 700 x 500. Sorry I can't recall the exact numbers. It will do this for TV as well as video in.

Check their website for more details.

tnx neutrino, i've gone through their website but could not find anything specific on resolution numbers

I couldn't find anything documented. They just released a new version of the OS X software. It seems nice. I tried recording a QT movie at the largest size. QT says that the normal size is 720 x 480 but it plays it back at 640 x 480. Can't figure that out.

One thing about this I have yet to grasp. When it records in DV format I am guessing that it is combining the two fields of one frame. The result is pretty poor when there is a lot of motion. You wind up with very jagged edges. Imagine a ball moving left to right. In the two fields the ball is in slightly different positions. In stead of seeing these one after the other you see them at the same time.

Back