Freefall's out, but not free

Randman said:
Freefall is the radical screensaver demoed at WWDC, but it's $39.95. Hmmm.

Who ever said it was going to be free?

It isn't a screensaver either.

What the developer said was that it was an application which would at a later date have a free screen saver version(limited).

Go back and check the WWDC QT stream.

I never said it was supposed to be free. And I would think that for most people, the screensaver options are the interesting part of it.

Randman said:
I never said it was supposed to be free. And I would think that for most people, the screensaver options are the interesting part of it.
Just implied from your title:

"Freefall's out, but not free"

Understandable but incorrect. :) The name was changed since WWDC, if I'm not mistaken. And previously, information and any pricing details were impossible to glean. Headline is more a play on words on the app's new name, which I think is kinda ironic as it should be pay40bucksfall.
That said, I will download the demo as soon as I get home.

When it was demoed at WWDC, there were going to be 2 products. Orbit, the paid program, and Freefall, the free screensaver.

freefall is 29.95 from their website. it is also available as a demo download from apple.com for FREE.

freefall is interesting for about 36 seconds.

It's now $29.95. When I posted, right after macminute first had the story, the linkwas $10 more, which may have been an error. It's interesting but to pay for a screensaver...

Back