G4 Cubes

Zeigan

Registered
Are there any plans on bringing this back into the lineup?

Im thinking about getting one through ebay with the primary function as an audio center and possible pvr use. Is the 500mhz fast enough for the pvr? Will any video cards fit in it or are they specially made for that size. I just really want an ultra quiet and small computer and i already have a laptop for business/school use so power and games are not that important, except for the pvr issue.

What do you guys think of this plan?

Woah! Why didn't I think of that? :D
That's cool man! If you do that - you MUST post pictures! :)

Hmmm... an Apple Cube as the office's music juke box (and thus mp3 server). Wow! That would look SWEET! :D

I don't think Apple has any plans to bring them back (someone PLEASE prove me wrong!) which is a shame... I almost bought one when I bought my Tower.

I have a winpc downstairs doing something similar, but the thing is incredibly loud. I just started using itunes internet radio and am loving it. I just dont want to leave my laptop on all day while i am listening to it.

I really need to know how easy it is to swap out the video card and put in a pvr card. That would be very sweet if it can be done easily.

What about the old imacs? Think something like this can be done with those?

Back