HELP! iBook WONT START UP!

DanTekGeek

MacTechGeek
ahhh!
This morning, I ejected my usb drive, unplugged the ethernet and power, and closed my iBook. Im pretty sure it went to sleep, but for some reason, I didnt check before putting it in my backpack. When i took it out, I cant remember if it was blinking or not, but it wouldent come back to life. I held the power button, and nothing happend. If i pressed the power button, nothing would happen, but the capslock and numlock keys would light up. I kept turning it on and off, and eventually it began to start up. I got a startup chime, and got to the grey screen with the spinny thing. Then it got stuck, so I shut it down. After repeatedly pressing the reset button, holding it, pressing the power button, holding it, in all different combinations, it started up again. But this time, there is nothing on the screen. I have tried it with and without the battery, With and without the power supply, No luck. Im fsking scared. This has never happend before. Its a g3 clamshell with a 3gb drive and 10.3.7. help me please! its currently running, with no screen. I dont want to shut it down again. I cant tell if it has started up all the way, or what. ahhhh!!!!

Sounds like my slaughtered powerbook. Try some of these things:

#1. Is the brightness all the way up?

#2. If the iBook is on, hit the power button once then hit enter to shut it down. Then give it 5 minutes and try turning it back on.

#3. Turn it off and turn it on. If you get the chime, try holding it @ an angle to shift the hard drive around. For awhile I had to do that to get the PB to start up.

Hope you get your book fixed.

exactly what happened to my old wall street. i zapped the pram and then i kept hitting it (i was pretty frustrated). i even hit it with a screwdriver. then i gave it away to my sister. She says it works fine now as long as she never turns it of (then she has to hit it and zapp the pram about 20 times before it starts again).

guess a laptop have about seven years of good life.

Back