I have just received iMac 17" with OS X 10.2!!!!!!

ddma

The Most Stupid Member
Guys!!! I am so excited now... I have just received an iMac 17" with Mac OS X 10.2 upgrade! It boots up at OS X 10.1 and I need to install 10.2 with the bundled upgrade kit!!! Man!!! I will post some pictures soon.

It comes with OS X 10.1 build 5V21!

I didn't expect it would come today! I thought it would be in the weekend... And even it already came with 10.2!!! OMG! I LOVE APPLE.

"
Dear Valued Apple Customer,

We appreciate your recent Apple Store order 7003247219. Due to an unexpected supply delay, we are unable to ship your M8812LL/A, IMAC 800/17"/256/80/SD/GF4MX/SPK-USA by the date you were originally quoted. Our goal is to ship your order within the next 5 business days.

"

... i, however, hate apple. they said it'd ship in 3 days. it's been two weeks.

I made the order on Aug 5 2002 at a reseller! They told me that it would arrive on Aug 16.

Geez! 10.2 is already comming on the 17" iMac? I just bought an eMac and it had 10.1.4 :)

That's freaking sweet, though. Definately post some pics asap!

Let us know if it came with a newer/better version of IE. I read a long time ago that 10.2 would ship with a new IE.

Vanguard

Mac OS X 10.2 build 6C115 with Internet Explore 5.2.1.

It also comes with the Developer CD.

Man...my iMac sux now. You can't do anything with a 20 Gig, 384 RAM, 500 mhz, G-3 now... I need to save up for one of those babies.

so when you go to system profiler it says 6c115 eh?

kinda odd, i thought apple would clean jag up a bit, there are still things that dont work :(

Originally posted by Hidden Gekko
Man...my iMac sux now. You can't do anything with a 20 Gig, 384 RAM, 500 mhz, G-3 now... I need to save up for one of those babies.

That's my exact same machine! ;)

I agree...it just seems SO old now...

But I'm still happy with it. Sure beats my 5year old PacBell that I had before that!

on of my wintel 'friends' from college got a 15" iMac with 10.2 a few weeks back, not sure what build though. and he wouldnt give me the iPod he got, he sold it instead. and the worst thing is he thinks macs suck, no justice.

Back