I tunes Smart playlist

acidtuch10

Registered
Does anyone know of a script or app that will add " Add to smart playlist" when I right click on a album or group of songs with in my main libarary view?

I think it'll be allot easier for me verse using keyboard commands or going through the menu bar. I just want to right click and select add to smart playlist, if the box came up just to verify " By Artist" or other name would be great.

Thanks

I think what you are wanting is going to require someone with access to the iTunes source code to develop. That pretty well limits the options to Apple employees. You might send a request to Apple Feedback. Then you might see that added in a future release of iTunes.

I think you're having trouble with the difference between smart playlists and normal playlists. Smart playlists can be live updating, and they are made up of songs selected according to a preset criteria. With a normal playlist, you can just drag songs into the playlist from the library to add them.

Hey, don't forget that when you are using Smart Playlists, the auto-complete function works when you go to enter an artist or albu name. That means you usually only have to type a few letters before you are sure to get the right one.

So you want "smarter" playlists ! You give a choice of songs and iTunes recognize the main features of these songs and sets the criteria for your new "smarter" playlist. Example: you chose songs from Springsteen, so does it select the criteria, or you select heavy metal songs, or songs from the 60's... or different interpretations of My Way...

Love that typo, symphonix -> "artist or albu name"... Looks like you expected the forum software to autocomplete, too. ;)

Back