I want two optical drives IN !

rezba

simpleutilisateurpuissant
Definitely ! I want a recorder and a reader. IN my G4, or my G5, or whatever you call it. Means that I want a third 5"1/4 bay.
There's no meaning building design computers if we have to put external drives or anything else that could be in out. We need the third expansion bay.

I'm gonna have to second that. When I installed a Yamaha CD burner in my G3 B&W, I had to either take out my zip drive or my other 20X CD-ROM drive. Well, I took out the CD drive, and it's just sitting in the Yamaha box now. I'd love to be able to have two CD's mounted on my desktop, even make a burned copy of the once CD directly.

I know the SuperDrive is nice, but (internal) expansion is good too. Not too much form over function, now.

I concur.

I was origionally planning to put my existing DVD Rom drive in the G4 tower - then I found out it doesn't support a second optical drive. :(

Because of this, I can't see DVD Movies when I get my mac - well, either that or fork out $100 extra cash... that probably would have gone towards RAM.

Anyway, it's a major disspointment... although I can see why Apple would choose to do so - my sister has 2 CDRoms in her new compaq - a DVDRom reader and a CD-RW writer and I'm just waiting for her to confuse the two...

Brian.

Wow, really? I know you can physically hookup two optical drives, but Apple prohibits this? Too bad. I'd like to have the capability, at least.

Back