IBM new swivel monitor, is Apple next?

moav

Hunter of Muffins
Well it looks like IBM is starting a new line of swivel flat panel monitors. I'm wondering if this is something Apple will start to integrate into their line in the near future. Probably wouldn't be for a while since they just came out with a new batch a few weeks back but just thinking.

IBM's new monitor line

http://www.pc.ibm.com/us/think/thinkvision.html

Apple already does integrate a swiveling flat panel into the product lineup, its called an iMac! But it would be kind of cool if they could make a flat panel 23" screen too... And it would look better then that ugly IBM one :)

I've a Samsung 172 on my old G3... even better than IBM design.

Attachments

• img_main2.jpg
    img_main2.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 66
Originally posted by mr. K
Apple already does integrate a swiveling flat panel into the product lineup, its called an iMac!
Well, an iMac is a complete computer which happens to have a swiveling monitor. I think moav was talking about a stand-alone monitor.

...damn ugly...

I think that the best thing that companies which construct/sell monitors can do is full copy or even improve the design of New iMac's way of moving the display almost however a user wants/needs...

An improve could be that the user could be able to flip the monitor to the side... Another improvement could be the addition of usb & firewire ports like the usb ports that Apple Displays include... Or use only one cable for power, VGA/DVI signal, usb, again like Apple Displays do... ;)

Oh and make them beatiful too! Again like Apple does!? :D

Apple already did the same thing as well as samsung. They used to be the LCD studio displays when the B&W G3's debuted. I thought they looked pretty cool when they first came out.

What would be nice is the possiblity of rotating your monitor in landscape and portrait mode. Wouldn't be a big issue to implement in the next generation iMacs IMHO.

Back