In-Depth Look at Jaguar, with tons of screenshots!

simX

Unofficial Mac Genius
Hey guys. Check this out. It was posted on apple.slashdot.org, and it was a GREAT look at the upcoming Jaguar update.

It shows everything from the new Finder inspector window, a couple screenshots of iChat, the all-new Address Book, the upgraded Mail.app, updated Terminal, minor Dock upgrades, and some nice shots of the Finder built-in search tool. :)

One thing that I thought was particularly notable: you can now open multiple inspector windows in the Finder and change ALL permissions – owner, group, owner privs, group privs, else privs – all directly from the get info window – HURRAH!

Finder3.jpg

A lot of screen shots like this have been posted at spymac, glad to see somebody had time to put together a nice tour of everything.

Somebody should archive this before Apple Legal finds out. They did a really great job of putting this together.

So far, the changes in 10.2 seem pretty positive and will almost finish off our desires from OS 9. If Apple's gotten this far with 10.2 so far, maybe they'll be able to release it sooner than expected. I haven't heard of anybody complaining of bugs.

All Heil 10.2! Now, developers: go leak a copy to Carracho! :D

Won't that sorta make SuperGetInfo defunct?

Woo! Less shareware to buy! :D

Anybody know if the sound themes are back? I miss that.

And anybody know why they took the stripes out of the dock? Maybe that's a sign of things to come! :eek: Personally, I find stripes nice, but I don't think they look good on everything.

Whoa, I totally spaced out there. For some reason I had been thinking that simX's app was Super GetInfo. Hence my post. Then I deleted it. Oh well, forgive me, my brain is fried, I had my last final exam today--the LAST of my LIFE. WHOOO!!!:p

Originally posted by dricci
A lot of screen shots like this have been posted at spymac, glad to see somebody had time to put together a nice tour of everything.

Sorry, but spymac.com doesn't qualify as a genuine rumor site in my book.

Originally posted by simX

Sorry, but spymac.com doesn't qualify as a genuine rumor site in my book.

Hate to tell you this, but most of those shots are from Spy Mac.:eek:

Um, no. The guy on macthis.org clearly stated that he took the screenshots himself when he installed the pre-alpha version of Jaguar that developers were given at WWDC '02.

Apple has seeded a new version of OS X 10.2 and this release is very stable and snappy. I have posted a review/overview (with screenshots) of the version I recieved. Although I was very impressed by the OS's current state, it did have a few annoying bugs. Check out the review

and

Wow, was my first impression as I installed and booted up into Jaguar OS X 10.2 tonight. I was truly astonished on its power and speed, and most of all, its incredible new features. Through this review I will show you most of the new features of OS X. There are more than 50 images in this review, and they are not small, so bandwith users: beware. I wish I could show everyone every feature of OS X, but that review would be incredibly long, and I don't think I want to spend that much time taking screenshots of everything thats new in the wonderful operating system, but I hope everyone will be satisfied with all that is shown here so far.

Sorry, but I think spymac.com took the images from THIS site.

The Sherlock screenshots are not the brushed steel ones (I'm probably missing something here, older beta version??... or have I missed the explanation for this?)

F-A-N-T-A-S-T-I-C-! Sherlock is no longer for searching the hard drive... I dreaded opening Sherlock to find something, just like the real Sherlock, it was constantly doped up!!:p

... which makes more sense of the Search box in the finder!

There are a lot more changes here relevant to everyday OS use than the Apple page lets on... For me at least, this preview blows away any complaints that we might have to pay...

Originally posted by tismey
There are a lot more changes here relevant to everyday OS use than the Apple page lets on... For me at least, this preview blows away any complaints that we might have to pay...

I agree. There are lots of nice small improvements. These include the new Get Info panes, integrated Finder search, a simple GUI for the OS X firewall...
I probably won't be buying this upgrade though, if it's a full price one. I'd rather wait till I can afford to replace my 400 MHz iMac DV with something a bit... more spiffy. :D
I sincerely hope the eMac will be available to university students here in Finland...

but would like the option to turn it off please Apple!!;)

It could get quite annoying during those 'pixel pushing' moments!

I wonder what maching he's on. Ohh and i can't see the picts. His site is REALLY slow. Probably jammed with people.

Twister

Wow! The new windows-out-of-the-dock thing is cool looking. Not that I would use it every day, but it is a nice feature. After the Ink and iChat demo from they keynote (see related thread for a video link), I CAN'T wait!!!

(Newton technology finaly pays off!)

:D :D :D

But I think some apps may need to rewrite... Proteus is not stable.

Most of the apps start up very quick!

Spoken User Interface is now back!!! I love this feature, and addition to it, there is 3 new options:

Use spoken noticfication when an application requires your attention
Speak text under the mouse
Use key to speak selection

yeah... with OS X 10.2, my TiBook 667 runs Flash as well as PC now!!! Really great! Quartz Extreme?

Let me see if I have this figured out. You have a Ti Book 667 and 10.2 and it works MUCH better?

Sweet. I have a Ti Book 667. I hope to get the same results.

Twister:D

Back