Installing macOS Mojave 10.14 on VMware Workstation

einfomail

Registered
Hi,

To install macOS Mojave 10.14 on VMware Workstation, I have gone through some links as

The hardware configuration is i5-8250U and 12GB RAM.

I followed the steps explained in above links but installation process not started.

Please let me know, how to install macOS Mojave 10.14 on VMware Workstation

With Regards
Einfomail

DeltaMac

Tech
Each of those methods include a lot of steps...

Have you ever done this VM setup with macOS previously (with any older version of macOS or OS X?)
Can you tell us where the install failed?

einfomail

Registered
Hi,

Both links have similar steps.

The steps include
  1. Download macOS Mojave
  2. Create macOS Mojave ISO File
  3. Install the VMWare Workstation
  4. Install Patch Tool
  5. Create a Virtual machine on VMware
  6. Edit the Virtual Machine
  7. Editing the VMX File
  8. Install macOS Mojave on VMware
  9. Play macOS Mojave
  10. Install VMware Tool
After ‘Editing the VMX File’, when I power on the virtual machine, I see only black screen.

No, I didn’t try older version.

The steps say, Download macOS Mojave.

When I downloaded, I found it’s virtual disk of macOS Mojave.

That’s why I didn’t try with previous version of macOS.

DeltaMac

Tech
hmm... Looks like using the .vmdk file should be simple - just open it in VMWare. But, maybe that file is not correctly made? I don't know how to find that out.
But, I would suggest that you should use a download that you are sure about, maybe direct from Apple is best.
Even this link page for a variety of Apple OS installers should be helpful to you.
After getting a good download (which would likely be a .dmg - not a .rar or something else), then you can just follow the entire sequence of steps on either of your sites.

einfomail

Registered
hmm... Looks like using the .vmdk file should be simple - just open it in VMWare. But, maybe that file is not correctly made? I don't know how to find that out.
But, I would suggest that you should use a download that you are sure about, maybe direct from Apple is best.
Even this link page for a variety of Apple OS installers should be helpful to you.
After getting a good download (which would likely be a .dmg - not a .rar or something else), then you can just follow the entire sequence of steps on either of your sites.
Thank you for sharing the link for downloading macOS.

I believe you have gone through above links that I shared.

Do you have another links also so that I can try another way also for installing macOS on VMware Workstation?

DeltaMac

Tech
well, I don't go in for the Let.Me.Do.That.For.You-kind of search - there's probably a dozen different sites with either the steps to follow, or even videos to watch.
But, here's another that I found - https://www.geekrar.com/install-macos-mojave-on-vmware/

I did notice, in Step 5: "It'll take some time to boot depending upon your configuration." That means that you need to be patient for some parts of this setup. Booting macOS for the virtual machine setup on some systems might take quite a long time. And, as you are doing that on "foreign" hardware, though a software link, you might occasionally not even see any evidence of progress on-screen. You just have to wait it out.
How long? hard to say - but booting on a slow Mac, with maybe a spinning hard drive as part of the setup, booting can take 10 to 15 minutes, even on a "normal" Mac. But, once you have the install going, you might find something else to do. Come back in an hour, maybe two hours. Might be done - or it might have stopped with some kind of interactive screen, where you can choose Continue (or whatever)

I would also comment that 12GB of RAM is not much for working with virtual machines (remember that you need RAM for Windows, as well as for the macOS system). I might upgrade that to 32GB, for example. That's if you want it to be truly useful.
Does that PC have an SSD for the Windows boot drive?