Internal CDR-CDRW Advice

gigi

Registered
hi,
i have a beige G3 desktop and i am looking to replace the internal cd drive with a cd-r or cd-rw drive.
Could you guys give me advice on which would be the best model to buy that is compatable with Os X.
thanks

I did this with my B&W G3 last year. From what I gathered through my research there are only a handful of models which natively support everything you could want to do on a Mac including iTunes burning, Finder drag and drop burning and also booting off both an OS X and OS 9 start up CD. For these reasons the best you can get is probably a Sony CD-RW drive, specifically the CRX-195 model.

If you want to do some research of your own on the compatibility of various models, head to www.xlr8yourmac.com and read the user reviews.

I installed a Lite-On CD-RW in my Beige G3 desktop 6 months ago - disc burning is fully supported, as is booting, and it's been trouble-free.

Thanks GraphicUmp,
i ended up getting a LG GGC 4320B, cdwr/DVD. I needed to use toast to burn CD as burning from the finder or iTunes isnt supported (yet)

Back