internet banking / vpc / safari / windows vs. mac

applewhore

Registered
Some expert knowledge needed please!

I want to use my PB for Internet banking with HSBC.

HSBC UK supports Safari / Mac.

HSBC Dubai / International doesn't... (but they do have internet banking for Windows)

I therefore end up paying US$ 50 to send each faxed transfer request (nightmare!)

If I were to install VPC and Windows (I know, I know!!), would I be able to manage my accounts as if I were using a Windows-based computer?

All help much appreciated... (I travel a lot and always have my laptop / internet connection - but don't carry a printer and fax machine!)

At the moment, it is being suggested that I buy a Windows laptop as well (f*** that for a game of soldiers!)

thanks

ed

;)

Yes, VPC should let you do exactly what you're saying.

However, have you just tried some additional OS X browsers to make sure they don't work? What about OS 9 browsers? I bet you can find one that works. *crosses fingers*

I was just going to say the same thing!

I access banking in the UK and Australia, both my banks (HSBC and ANZ) have both recently started working perfectly on Safari, whereas they weren't a month or so ago.

It's worth trying the sites again if you haven't already.

Also, when i couldn't access banking sites, I used both IE for Mac and Camino, both seemed to handle the sites well. Camino is free too, so worth trying before you buy Virtual PC.

Saying that, I'm glad Safari support is growing.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info, guys...

However, it's HSBC who tell me straight up that they don't support Macs...

I think there's a comment I could make about banks, but probably shouldn't!!!

;-)

Back