iPod problems

ged3000

Registered
Hi!

I recently bought an iPod, one of the ones with the touch-scrolling wheel (the latest one). Its really great, but for one thing. A couple of times, when Ive been using it, it seems to freeze. Both times, its been on hold and having been playing continuousley for up to an hour. The music stops, as though paused, although the display still has the play arrow, in the top corner. The iPod doesnt respond to any inputs, seeming to remain locked regardless of the position of the lock switch.

Both times this has happened, Ive left the iPod alone for a while. It turns itself off eventually although I dont know how soon after crashing (within 4 hours of dying, at any rate). The first time this happened, I could turn the iPod back on after this, while the second it wouldnt turn on because the battery had run out.

After both crashes, a horizontal, very dark line appeared across the screen, which peresisted for some hours before fading back to normal.

I guess this could be due to the iPods battery running out, but this seems a very ineligant way of turning off. I rang Apple Support (ive got the iPod protection plan), but they were unhelpful, telling me just to look at the support FAQs, which doesnt have anything relavant on it.

Is this behaviour normal? Or should I get my iPod mended?

Thanks in advance, Ged3000

ged3000 ---- i have the same prob.
last summer i bought the new 40gb -- wheel version while in miami. about 5 times since i have experienced the problem you describe. ... im not sure what to do. dont know if i sould see about getting it exchanged or what. is it normal?
does anyone know if i will be able to take it back to an apple store here in england if it wasnt bought from here? where are the apple stores in england? all ive seen are the 3rd party stores who dont deal with such problems.

your warranty should be applicable worldwide as far as i know.. wo bringing it to your apple store/calling the apple support line should help you on where to get that warranty used.

alex.

Back