iTunes: play 1 single song and stop

Bart Devos

Registered
Hi all,

I wonder if you can play just 1 song out of a playlist. Normally iTunes (4.5) switches directly to the next song. For a theaterproject i need to isolate every song in a playlist. I found out you can adjust overflowsettings in the preferences, but i didn't found how to stop overflow.
Any ideas?
Tnx in advance!
Bart.

Create playlist with just the one song you want. Or play it via options where you can choose from Songs.

press play and then go to another playlist. then it will stop after the current song is done. go back and repeat.

Uncheck everything in the playlist, then select the single track you want to play and double click on it. If you have two tracks checked and click on the first one in the list, iTunes will only play the two that are checked.

Randman said:
Create playlist with just the one song you want. Or play it via options where you can choose from Songs.
Thanks for your quick response.
I'm not sure what you mean with 'options'. I tried ctrl-click on selecting a song or a playlist, but i don't see what you mean.
Thanks in advance!
Bart

Decado said:
press play and then go to another playlist. then it will stop after the current song is done. go back and repeat.
Hmmmm, Unless i'm doing something wrong, this doesn't work for me... :(
Thank you anyway.

perfessor101 said:
Uncheck everything in the playlist, then select the single track you want to play and double click on it. If you have two tracks checked and click on the first one in the list, iTunes will only play the two that are checked.
Of course, perfessor101, stupid me! Just checking/unchecking the 'song' checkboxes do the trick! I suppose it was to simple...
Thanks to anyone who toke the time to answer me!
Much appreciated.
Bart Devos.

my misstake. it works in library (i.e play something from one artist and then browse to another artist or album without that song, then it stops playing after the current song is done) didnt work with playlists.

For a theater project? Heh. I have a better idea. Drag all the mp3s you're going to use onto the "QuickTime" icon in your dock. This will make them open (temporarily) in QUicktime, instead, which is better suited for playing things on cue. Each sound gets it's own window, with it's own playback controls, making it easy to play more than one sound at a time, too.

Back