just saw this: PC users read

I really hope people use this to indicate their TRUE feelings to Apple - good, bad, ugly, neutral.

This was a great idea on Apple's part and I think it shows their real interest in making our Macs better for everyone. Of course, it is in their best interest to make it more marketable to more people.. but I have never seen another maker come out with something like this.

I just hope Apple has some system to weed out the inevitable rants and raves - "Macs Suck, you losers!" - and the more insidious offers to provide constructive criticism that are merely PC users or goofs in general f*ing with them.

Anyway, kudos to Apple and whoever on their marketing team came up with this.

ADMIN: want to send a link to some of our threads discussing these very same issues??

If anyone started a thread (that didn't turn into a war) why don't you link them to the thread? That way they'd get a broad range of views (and a little cred for macosx.com...)

This was the e-mail I sent.

I was a PC User at home (I still use PC at work) but about a year ago, I bought a second hand Mac G3 350 MHz.
I decided to buy it first because I've always been courious about Macs and I heard a lot of people saying it were better than PCs, more stable, and so on. The other reason was the release of Mac OS X. I really wanted to use that operating system, so I had to buy a Mac.
At first I use it at the same time with my PC. Then there was a period of 3 months that I almost don´t use it because I installed Mac OS X and I had no programs to run on it. So I always had to use the PC. Then, I installed OS 10.1 and I had a problem with my ADSL connection that made it imposible to use Internet, so I give up another month, until I found a trick in an italian website to solve it.
After that I get more programs and began to use the Mac as my main computer at home. Today is still my main computer and I can say I have all the programs I need in OS X. I have also deleted OS 9.1.
Well besides that, I have something else in my mind. I think it´s a wish list:
* There should be more conectivity with PCs. The only use I give to the PC in my home is to share the Internet connection with my father´s PC. I think a Mac should be prepared to do this. Perhaps it´s easy, but I don´t know.
* I hate all mice Apple have made. I had to buy a Microsoft Intellieye mouse. You sould make two buttons mice and add them a scroll wheel.
* I also hate the small keyboard that came with my mac. Unfortunately. I don´t have money to buy a new one.
* Apple is really expensive in my country: Argentina. For example, the keyboard I´d like to buy costs more than the half of what I earn in a month, so imagine that I will never could buy a new computer. Haven´t you think in make Macs here. It could be cheaper for you and we, in Latin america, could buy Macs at a better price.

Well, I have to say that I am very happy with my Mac and that I never had any problems with it. I miss the Mac when I am at work using the PC. I work in an argentinian magazine (also in mexico) about PC computers and I am hatted by all my mates!!! The applications are great and the hardware support is better than ever.
Congratulations!!

Back