Keyboard to stop Classic?

Lazzo

Registered
Hiya folks

Does anyone know the keyboard command to shut down Classic? Clicking System Prefs, clicking Classic, clicking Stop, quitting Prefs makes me feel like I've been on a three mile jog.

What you can do is when you are in the System Preferences - before you click on Classic, drag the Classic icon to the dock. Now you have the Classic icon sitting on your dock until you drag it off the dock and into the trash.

With the classic icon in the dock, just move you mouse over the icon and click and hold the mouse button. You should get a menu and you can shut it down from there.

Hi Cheryl

The icon won't drag into the dock. Shame there isn't a 'Show Classic in menu bar' option.

Somewhere, sometime, I read about the keyboard command for this but I know not where.

Lazzo,
Try it agtain. That's how I got it on my Dock. Make sure you drag it to a place above the trash.

Cheryl, no go I'm afraid. I don't think it likes me!

I'm still running 10.2.4, you think that has anything to do with it?

(I don't want to waste too much of your time on this, it's not that important)

Are you set up as an administratior/owner? It could be that you didn't give yourself that permission.

When Classic is starting up, the starter application's icon should appear in the Dock. Control- or right-click it and select "Keep in Dock" (or whatever). Then, you can control-/right-click this icon anytime and force-quit it directly from the Dock.

If you want to shut down your Classic environment, download and pay for Classic? 2.1. It allows you to do what you want and so much more.

Thanks Cheryl, arden. I've already got the starter in the dock. I didn't bother with the startup icon though, I dragged it from the Core Services folder. That way it doesn't 'wobble' when the mouse cursor is over it.

Thanks for the info arden, I'll give Classic? a try.

Back