Lets Start a List of What Works/Doesn't work in WWDC Panther DP

Do you have Panther (10.3) already?

• Yes

• Trying to get it

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

prophet6

Registered
Loaded Panther on TiPB 667 last night, clean install. Loaded most of my apps, here is what I found:

Photoshop 7 - Ok
GoLive 6 - Ok
InDesign 2.something - Ok
Reader 6 - Ok
MS Office v.x - OK

Macromedia Studio MX - All apps OK

MenuMeters - Not so Ok, won't save prefs...
Salling Clicker - Kind of quirky, not all scripts work as planned
Keynote - Gives me error to restart the app every time I launch
Konfabulator - Broken
PGP 8.02 - Mail.app integration broken
MailPriority - Broken

Mail.app - Love what they have done, but it is in a really dev state right now...as to be expected. when typing in compose/reply i get doubled text especially spaces and punctuiation. This is the killer for me to switch back

System Prefs - Still in dev state, most are OK, but some seem to hang and not completely draw the window...

Speed overall seems better, which is awesome for a dev build, carbon apps seem snappier, especially Office...

Love the new finder and UI look. Sad to go back, but little incompatabilities and the dev point of Mail are forcing me back to 10.2.6......

Adobe photoshop, illustrator, indesign - ok
macromedia studio mx - ok
epson 1280 with jag driver - ok
epson 2450 scanner twain - broken
net monitor - broken
camino - broken
mozilla - broken
streamline - ok

tbc...

interesting ... :)

a pre-warning to anyone about 1) telling where they got their developer build (when it was not in wwdc) and 2) asking where to get such. so keep such info or questions private and out of board. ;)

Originally posted by Giaguara
interesting ... :)

a pre-warning to anyone about 1) telling where they got their developer build (when it was not in wwdc) and 2) asking where to get such. so keep such info or questions private and out of board. ;)

Agreed....although mine was from WWDC as an attendee.....

Hey guys how many of you actually have the panther build... And how many are at WWDC right now? I won't ask how, just who ;^)

Hi Jason

Interesting to see Streamline in your list of broken apps. Are you talking of the Adobe product? If so I didn't know they had released an OS X version. But then I don't know much.

;)

eric

streamline is one of the working apps :)

and yes, its the classic version :eek:

im still testing stuff :)

How does Classic run in 10.3 so far? How does it run overall? I sure hope it's a lot speedier than Jaguar. And I hope Safari works.

So, how many of us / you do actually have the Panther already? You have one week of voting time now (from 26 June) ...

Has anyone tried logging as root? I am root as default, and Finder doesn't work. Other than that, all my apps work except for Toast.

I'm at the WWDC, and I've got a copy of Panther. Can't install it, though---my laptop's display is broken, so I have to mirror it to an external monitor, but Panther's installer refuses to do anything but extend the desktop. It behaves this way with an LCD monitor, a CRT monitor, and a television.

Do any of you know if the keyboard shortcut for display mirroring has changed? F7 and Cmnd-1 both failed to do anything.

Thanks in advance for the help!

virtual pc is much slower and slows down the rest of the system

(ie i think the system uses more cpu than jag)

proteus works on another install of panther, so i think it might just be proteus

also kungtunes does not work

Back