Login Screen — Configurable?

Laurent LaSalle

Registered
First of all, is it possible to CHOOSE wich users appear on the userlist that can be displayed at login? What if I don't want a list of 10-20 users with pictures on them, but would prefer 2 admin users and the options to type-login the username that wouldn't appear on that list?

Secondo, how can I configure a screensaver that would only be active at the login screen? I tried the sleepy mode via the System Preferences, but since I'm always watching some long QuickTime movies, the sleep mode isn't the answer in my case...

Can anyone help?

your first option is possable. you'll have to mess with netinfo, but I know its possable caus my 'MySQL' user doesn't show up in login.

I'm confused by your second question though. I don't think screensavers can run with the login screen open.

I'll post more later.. its 3am here in Ohio!

I know this is an old topic but I'm hoping TestUser is still listening... I'm having the opposite problem. I sleep fine when logged in in any user account. However, neither my screensaver nor sleep functions when I'm logged out and have the login screen up on my iMac DV SE.

I would of course like the computer to autosleep when logged out. Any ideas about what could be causing this.

Thanks.

Back