Logitech Wheel Mouse Optical USB issues

ryanjrp

Registered
I have a power mac g3 beige, running Mac OS X 10.2.4, and Mac OS 9.2.1. I received a logitech wheel mouse optical usb mouse as a present this past weekend. I then bought a ADC Technologies USB Port for Desktops (USBX-500-EF). To use the mouse and my scanner and camera that I had from the PC world.

I know the USB card is working because my scanner and digital camera work. The mouse also works in Mac OS 9.2.1.

Problem is Mac OS X 10.2.4 does not see the mouse. Even the Logitech Control Panel does not see the mouse. OS X does work with my scanner and my digital camera.

Has anyone seen this issue? The best I can conclude is my mouse may be a knock off. i.e. the p/n: 830386-0000 does not match the Logitech p/n: 930495-0215 listed on the website for the Wheel Mouse Optical. Interestingly the m/n: M-BD58 is the same.

I will be investigating the p/n: at the local stores to day on the retail packs.

Hmm. That's weird. I just got the same Logitech mouse and it worked right out of the box without installing anything. I got LCC because I'm left handed and I wanted to swap the buttons round.

You said that your USB card is working but I'd think that's probably the most likely cause. It might not help but make sure you've got the latest drivers for it and try upgrading to 10.2.5. Also, have you tried using the mouse with another machine? It could be a hardware thing. Try it on a Mac with built-in USB.

Its a shame its not working, its a nice mouse. Get in touch with Logitech and ADC, maybe they've heard of similar problems.

If its of any use my m/n is also M-BD58 and my p/n 830513-1000.

Good luck!

Back