M.S. Intellipoint drivers for Mac Os X are out

Zeigan

Registered
Drivers for M.S. Intellipoint devices are out for OS X. I havent installed them yet, so i cant comment on how well they work.

I have an intellimouse explorer and am using x 10.1.3. All 5 buttons work any way i want them to. I can assign them to work however i want them. It also allows you to set them to work one way for one program, and another for a different program. Its pretty cool.

I think that is what you wanted to know.

...I was looking specifically for X envirnment compatibility. I know that under OS X you can program the buttons any way you like; do those settings carry over to X or not? If not, do the defaults work correctly?

I have an Intellieye Explorer Optical mouse running on OSX 10.1.3 with the new Microsoft OSX drivers. They offer all the features from OS9. The only thing they lack (annoyingly) is multi-directional scroll with the middle mouse button, and the custom cursors for drag scrolling that exist in OS9. Hopefully the next revision may bring these features back. Otherwise it is damn good :D

I don't use a Microsoft OS, or a Microsoft Browser, or a Microsoft Office package, so why should I use a Microsoft Mouse? :D

Because this is - unline all other MS products - a good product worth its money. That said, I'm just as happy with my Logitech mouse as I am with my MS mouse...but the 1 more button the Intellimouse has really pays off in games and web-browsing

Originally posted by voice-
Because this is - unline all other MS products - a good product worth its money. That said, I'm just as happy with my Logitech mouse as I am with my MS mouse...but the 1 more button the Intellimouse has really pays off in games and web-browsing

No doubt, it is a good mouse, but it isn't a great product. Let me remind you that it took Microsoft close to a year to suply drivers for Mac OS X.

Kristjan: Lets not turn this into an MS bashing thread.

Chenly: That i dont know, maybe someone else will.

Originally posted by Kristjan

No doubt, it is a good mouse, but it isn't a great product. Let me remind you that it took Microsoft close to a year to suply drivers for Mac OS X.

Like nearly every other company building hardware components.

I have to admit that the Microsoft optical trackball I use is the best input device I ever used, so I do think it is a great product.

Back