Making animated gifs in osX ?

Crunchy in milk

Journey Agent
Can anyone give me a heads up on a program that can run native in osX to use to make animated gifs. I usually like to use fireworks by macromedia, but theres still no carbon/cocoa version of this anywhere near the horizon. I haven't looked very deeply into graphic converter (perhaps it has this feature somewhere). I need something rather simple and intuitive like the frames system of Fireworks or the animation cell like proceedure in the PC animation package that ships with paint shop pro.

after effects 5.5 can render animated gifs and will be released very soon. (pre-release versions can be found everywhere, too...)

"everywhere" would be Hotline and Carracho and would be illegal.

I'd check versiontracker.com and downloads.com, I remember seeing some apps which do ani-gifs, but I can't remember them. They exist for sure, and they are OS X native.

... of course i dont want you to get illegal software ;)

aftereffects 5.0 runs in classic and can do it too, al well as ae 4.1, which runs only in os 9

GifBuilder 1.0 Carbon works very good for me for very simple animations, like to make an animinated avatar.
But for heavier stuff I would wait for OSX native Adobe LiveMotion 2 probably to be relased at MacWorldSF in January. Adobe Photoshop 7 for X should also be out in a few months, and PS inludes ImageReady that also is good on animations!
I don't think Graphic Converter is capable of animations...

Back