Man I love my Prism!

I got it with the Sprint phone attachment and transferred my sprint number over to it and it's my main cellphone now. I got Email, REAL web browsing, pictures (will come in handy when my baby comes in a few months).

I just had to sing the praises of my new toy!

Any good suggestions on software or accessories?

Cool... I'm kinda wrapped up in GTA III for my PS2 now to devote any serious time to other nefarious activities...

My Visor freeware essentials?

Dope Wars (good call rinse)
FreeTris
PalmJongg
Master Drinks List
PalmaSutra (sheer genius)

...annnd DrawIt, the most adorable little mini Photoshop ever.

Hey apb3,

Did you get one of those mobile phone modules?

Does anyone look at you funny like you're talking into a TI-85?

Yes.

I do get odd looks but anyone that takes a closer look always is really impressed. I just couldn't wait for the color treo to come out. It does look like an old calculator but it works and I am secure in my coolness.....:D

Here's some of the free software that has a permanent home on my TRGPro...

Games:
Spacewar 3.0 - Great turn based strategy, with two player IR support
Nono - Puzzle game; addicting as all hell
Reptoids - Magnificent Asteroids knock off
iRogue - Great RPG if you're into really old text based action games

Internet Programs: (These would be well suited to your Prism with phone module)
AIM - Handy to have if you use it on your desktop computer
KBrowser - Decent WAP browser
ptelnet & TopGun ssh - If you have to connect to remote UNIX systems, these
are the best

System Utilities:
Filez - One stop file management utility
X-Master - It's worth getting so you can use any good extensions/hacks you might find

Since you have wireless internet access, you might want to see if you can find a copy of Palm's Mobile Internet Kit. It will let you use the numerous PQA clipping applications available on the Palm VII. My Nextel phone has more than justified the $20 package price.

As far as accessories, look for a decently priced keyboard. Combine that with WordSmith, and you've got the ultimate laptop killer.

And one last tip - hold either page up or page down (I can't remember which,) and press the battery gauge on the Applications screen. You should get a thorough breakdown of battery status.

I think I'm done spouting information for a little while. :)

Thanks. One of the first things I did was install a buttload of internet apps.

One thing that does bother me is Graffiti. I am used to Newton's "reglar" handwriting recognition...

If Graffiti doesn't cooperate well with your handwriting, check out www.silkyboard.com. They sell a little Graffiti area protector with a keyboard printed on it. Install the driver, and you can just tap on the Graffiti area to enter text, or just write Graffiti over the keyboard. Personally, I wouldn't use a Palm without one.

Back