messengers

mrfluffy

OmniWeb Convert
what good (ie non-micro$oft) messengers are there that will let me chat with my wintel/msn using friends. MSN is playing up as ever:mad:

fire.app is good, very good, it's cocoa, stable and nice interface. I would have used it if it had more msn messenger capabilities...like custom names and font and color support for msn. (and maybe file-sharing?) other than that, it's perfect!

i got it today (msn worked after i posted it, but stopped on friday so i decided 4 days was enough), it's good, hasnt crashed in 40 mins (so better than M$) and does all i use it for.

is there a way to get all the msn emoticons??

All of them should work. Click on the smilies icon in the toolbar and there should be a menu with all of them in it, plus submenus with more! And if your talking to other services it will give you the emoticons for the particular service.

Originally posted by googolplex
All of them should work. Click on the smilies icon in the toolbar and there should be a menu with all of them in it, plus submenus with more! And if your talking to other services it will give you the emoticons for the particular service.
i've got the emoticon menu, but it hasn't got any submenus, and some of them dont work with msn or are different to the msn verson (angry is 'X)' rather than ':mad:')

Originally posted by googolplex
You don't have the submenus like people, animals, etc.?
no i've just got a list of emoticons like smile, devil, scared etc...

just to make sure we're talking about the big yellow smile in the message window menu bar.

In the Preferences, In "Appearance" their is an option to "use the same smileys for all services" and "Use each services smileys" I have the second one selected amd when I chat with people on different services, different smileys are available. Does that make sense?

I use the AIM network with Adium(great app), and apart from not reading links, I get by fine with my PC friends...

Back