MobileMe

Ferdinand

V. Tech
I downloaded the Mac OS X update 10.5.4 using Software Update, thinking it would (also) update .Mac to MobileMe in the system preferences, but it didnt. I heard there is a MobileMe update in the Software Update app, but I cant see one - all there is, is the iTunes 7.7 update.

So how do I get MobileMe running on my Mac?

Or will it push contacts, calenders etc. without that update?

Thanks for the help!

Go into System Settings and click the .Mac settings. This will trigger Software Update, and you'll get the MobileMe update. It isn't being pushed out to those who don't have an account, and Software Update doesn't know that you have one.

I would caution about updating the MobileMe software update for a few more days. The version available on the 12th has caused my computer to hang at the Apple logo grey screen with spinning gears for two days now.

I've got a bootable drive working on an external drive but it won't run an installer to allow the MobileMe.pkg to be installed again nor the 10.5.4 combo update. The installer just quits each time.

MobileMe was working from the web anyway so not sure what this software update was intended to do but it has killed my machine and several others on the Apple forum who report the same problem.

Tried all the usual repairs, zaps and re-installs but so far I have nothing but spinning gears.

Back