MUST have 'Book accessories?

DanTekGeek

MacTechGeek
Im a huge fan of laptop accessories, and since Im planning on getting a PB, Id love to hear what you guys think are the MUST HAVE accessories such as cases, mice, protective stuff, etc.

i have a 500mHz i book, i am rather fond of the plastic stand i use under it to help dissipate the heat from the HD, and also i couldn't live without my little bendable USB powered LED light. although it's now hooked up to the front of my playstation2 for display purposes :D

I'm assuming this will be more of a desktop replacement, like mine was. If that's the case, then I'd recommend:

Stand:
The way my current desk is laid out, I don't need a stand. If I didn't have this desk, I'd definitely invest in a stand.
http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/icurve/

Screen Protector / Keyboard Cover:
The item Satcomer gave a link for is a definite MUST HAVE if you want you screen to stay nice. I made my own (never got around to buying a proper one) as a temporary solution and never got around to buying a proper one. Not a big deal for me since I've taken the book with me maybe 3 times in the past 6 months. If you'll be closing the lid or transporting the book a lot, invest in one.

Mouse:
Get a good 2-button optical scroll mouse for desktop use. It'll keep you sane.

USB Hub:
Find a nice multi outlet self powered USB hub to plug all the goodies into. That way you only have 1 USB item to plug in and remove when you decide to go mobile. A firewire hub might be a good idea if you have a lot of FW stuff.
http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/usbaudio_hub/

Case:
Don't skimp on it. You've spent good money on your laptop, get a case that fits it and protects it well.

yeah, im currently looking at the bp.3 system from booq as a backpack. Ill be taking it to school every day, and using it as a desktop every day when i get home. for a stand i was looking at the ilap. im allready set on getting a screensaverz, and thier powerbook sheath thingy. if i have the screensavrz, is it worth getting a transparent screen protector to put over the screen?

Back