MWSF Official Thread

tree

Christmas
Now it is the start to support Steve Jobs like I did by buying an iBook and bought the latest edition of macfan(means supporter).
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Yes. Let's put some candles on that message, light them up and sing some chrismassy-songs...

Btw.: This thread is now going to be stickied until MWSF 2004.

Jingle bells jingle bells, jingle all the way
oh how much - I'd love to have - a new G5 todaaay! :D :D

I'm glad Xmas and New Year are in the way as a distraction! :) Couldn't bear waiting all those weeks!

2.6ghz G5s! 2.6ghz G5s! 2.6ghz G5s!

(no, I don't know something the rest of you don't, I'm just chanting hopefully)

Reports I've read have said that if the G5s ARE updated, they'll probably only hit 2.4ghz. Then again, the 2.6ghz PPC 970 has apparently been in production for a while, and Apple DID suprise us with the 2ghz G5, so who knows?

It would really help me to have a 30% speed boost...

LOL, Apple surprised us with the G5 in the first place. Having a dual 2 Ghz model was just icing on the cake.

So, I ask again: who's going?

I'm not going... But the G5 was not, well, a real surprise... We knew of the IBM chip well in advance - and it would have been dumb of Apple not to make use of it. The _only_ surprise was that IBM could deliver more than the anticipated 1.8 GHz.

Everything but the Exhibit Hall is way too expensive for me. That's the only thing I'll be going to if I end up going.

Arden said:
LOL, Apple surprised us with the G5 in the first place. Having a dual 2 Ghz model was just icing on the cake.

Surprised who? We'd been talking about it for 6 months. At the end it was mostly confirmed, and there would have been rioting and looting at the ADC if they hadn't announced SOMETHING like it =)

Now the cheese grater case, THAT was a surprise.

Arden said:
Everything but the Exhibit Hall is way too expensive for me. That's the only thing I'll be going to if I end up going.

Ah, you need to be associated with "the industry", then they usually give out passes to the others for major discounts or free =)

Ripcord said:
Ah, you need to be associated with "the industry", then they usually give out passes to the others for major discounts or free =)
Yeah, an 18-year-old college student breaking into the computer industry and changing the shape of the computer world forever, leading to free passes to every expo from now until the end of time... I'll let you know when it happens, hm? ;)

My suggestions....
:) There is a reasonable rumor of lower-end, miniature iPod
:) One could imagine an iPod with BlueTooth ??
:) Better would be an iPod with WiFi and iChat
:) Even better an iPod with WiFi, iChat and iSight !
:) A wireless screen series (with compression software in the Mac, WiFi for communication at 56 MBs and decompression in the screen).
:) viTunes supporting video clips
:) viTunes supporting movies !!! (automatic ripping of DVDs into -encoded- DIVX, DIVX download from iTMS)
:) iPod compatible with viTunes
:) more screens
:) faster machines
:) much faster machines
:) CPU farm !
:) cube based iMac
:) the end of the eMac, replaced by a lowest end iMac
:) half-12" screen PB (same width, half height)
:) the new AppleWorks (with a new name, and cooperative applications instead of integrated application)
:) a faster iPhoto with better keyword management (like "group" in iTunes)

That's all for the moment...

An iPod with BlueTooth is--an iPod--too slow.

BlueTooth is like USB 1.0 for wireless.

A wireless iPod needs a 802.11g, aka Aiport Extreme, compatible wireless connection.

It would be neat if any Mac compatible with Airport Extreme, for examples, current line of PowerBook G4, could talking directly with such iPods.

A good start. Let's just hope someone important from Apple know about this idea.

Best Regards,
George Lien

55 Mbps (AirPort Extreme) instead of 400 Mbps FireWire? It's still much too slow. WiFi (11 Mbps) would be enough, though, for streaming sound wirelessly. (Bluetooth, however, is too slow for that, really.)

Chevy's suggestions....
:) There is a reasonable rumor of lower-end, miniature iPod What would it do, pick up radio transmissions?
:) One could imagine an iPod with BlueTooth ?? I could imagine dying of old age waiting for it to finish synchronizing. ;)
:) Better would be an iPod with WiFi and iChat Portable video phones... nice
:) Even better an iPod with WiFi, iChat and iSight ! Portable video phones with an awesome picture... even better
:) A wireless screen series (with compression software in the Mac, WiFi for communication at 56 MBs and decompression in the screen). Okay... :confused:
:) viTunes supporting video clips I think they'd call it something else besides xxTunes, considering it wouldn't be a music player but a movie player. Wait, they already have something—it's called Quicktime!
:) viTunes supporting movies !!! (automatic ripping of DVDs into -encoded- DIVX, DIVX download from iTMS) See above.
:) iPod compatible with viTunes Maybe, but Apple doesn't want the iPod to be much more than a music player. Sure, it's got calendars and stuff, but it's mostly a music player.
:) more screens That would be cool... brushed-aluminum flat screens.
:) faster machines Undoubtedly.
:) much faster machines One can only hope.
:) CPU farm ! Hello Pixar!
:) cube based iMac I don't know, the last cube they made didn't do very well.
:) the end of the eMac, replaced by a lowest end iMac Would it have a flat screen as well?
:) half-12" screen PB (same width, half height) Um, why?
:) the new AppleWorks (with a new name, and cooperative applications instead of integrated application) Yes... the Office killer. Let's pray.
:) a faster iPhoto with better keyword management (like "group" in iTunes) That would be cool... "Playlists" of photos, perhaps?

Back