My Birthday Present for Myself!!!

phatsharpie

Futuristic Robotic Cat
Since I am going back to school to get my Masters in two months, I decided it's a good time to trade up from my iBook to a more powerful machine that could last me for two years. So I ponied up the cash and got myself a new DVI PowerBook G4. I drove like a madman to the nearest Apple Store this evening and plunked down the cash for a 667MHz TiBook, and my reaction? I LOVE THIS LAPTOP!!! I had no idea OS X can run like this. This little notebook is amazing! It even kicks the butt of a PowerMac G4 (733MHz) I have at work! Windows sizes fluidly. Everything just flows - it's absolutely breathtaking. The higher resolution LCD is amazing too... It's like I have a 19" CRT wherever I go. I don't care if Apple is releasing a new TiBook come MWNY, this was a GREAT buy. I love this PowerBook, and I think Apple did a terrific job. Before everyone jumps up and down about the price, I have to state that with all the laptops I was looking at (the IBM T-series, the Toshiba Tecra), the TiBook actually came out to be the best bargain! Anyway, just wanted to share a first hand experience with the new TiBook. It ROCKS!!!

Too bad you didn't buy the 667 MHz a few days before this announcement -- Apple has been upgrading old 667 MHz TiBook orders to the new 800 MHz DVI TiBook at no cost. :)

I guess my dad no longer has the best TiBook.. :\

Back