Omg Powerbook!

from a clamshell to a powerbook :)

i have a friend who has tortured himself for several years waiting for the powerbook G5 cuz he want the ultimate experience of moving from a Tangerine Clamshell to a G5. :)

you did the right thing.

Ahh, Decado you have the same Powerbook as me ;).

Why no upgrade to 10.3.8? Been hearing bad news about it? I find it OK.

oh, my soulmate wannabe ;)
i have 10.3.8 just have been to lazy to upgrade my sign... will do it in a jiffy

there. done. when i get tiger my OS sign will constantly say "10.4" and nothing more. to much trouble.

I just ordered a my PB on Friday (the 4th, I think). Congrats to both of us! (I'm pretty excited.)

they shipped mine 3 days after I ordered. and this was a BTO machine. Hopefully you will have the same speedy shipping as I have! (the precious should arrive on thursday)

After 24 hours or so, I finally figured out what BTO means. It's built to order...right? Jeez I'm blond. I thought all the Powerbooks were BTO, more or less. I mean, you get to choose how much ram, and what harddrive, etc. Did you get to customize it more than that? Mine's been shipped, but it's coming from China, apparently.

I am jealous of you both :rolleyes: I am glad you have new PBs. I am hoping to get mine in earlier summer. My PB 800 DVI is still plugging away.
:)

It's here! They shipped it by FedEx, and as far as I can figure out, it was in Alaska last night. Well, 11:30 this morning, up comes the FedEx guy (I'm on the east coast). That's some impressive shipping. I'm typing on it right now, and I think I'm the happiest guy in the forum. Powermac- You'll get there. By the time you order yours, Tiger will probably be out, whereas I'm gonna have to buy my copy seperately. And I'm sure they'll have upgraded to the 1.67 GhZ in the 12 in model by then, or at least hopefully...Moore's law and all that. Dan- tell us when you get yours. Is it getting shipped from China too?

whoa! Pls confirm that you both had ~3-5 days from order date to ship date.

I ordered a powerbook on Feb. 25. Expected ship date *was* Mar 8. On the 8th, I received notification that ship date will be Mar 16.

Apple is telling me that they're overloaded with orders, can't keep up. This doesn't help.

Does anybody have any information about this? Or suggestions to speed up my shipping date?

thx

I have no idea why my shipping was so fast. Blind luck, or divine intervention in my favor, perhaps. Sorry. (This is a fairly delayed post, so by now, you may already have it, or will soon get it.)

Back