Once again, Carputer...

Pengu

Digital Music Pimp
Heyas,

Back on the topic again....

I'm still trying to organise to put a 'Book powered multimedia system in my car...

So far this is what I've come up with:

Central: High end G3 iBook (600-900mhz) / mid G4 i/PowerBook (600 - 1000mhz)

USB to -> Audio: Xitel Pro HiFi Link

Digital Optical to -> Amp: (hopefully, if i can get hold of one) Muritzy TBK/Muritzy MUZ550.6D Pure Digital Amplifier

Visuals is yet to be decided. I'd like to use DVI (aiming for a 100% digital system) with a small LCD touch screen...

Here is what I want to know:

A) firstly, any comments would be appreciated..
B) any ideas of true digital amps that are available (TBK doesn't seem to be readily available)
C) ideas on LCD/Display
D) the big one: an easy way to effectively encode iTunes music (stereo) on the fly, to DTS/Dolby 5.1 channel surround, to give full surround output from itunes. SRS Circle Surround II does this, but I can only find a plugin for VST... If anyone knows of/is willing to write a plugin/system pref/whatever to give this type of functionality, please let me know.

Thanks in advance guys,

Pengu

I think your success with surround sound 5.1 will come with the audio card, and I don't think your little G3 iBook has a card that's capable of anything more than a stereo signal.

Yeah, I was hoping apple would bring out either a product to put Optical digital audio on other macs (usb, firewire) or come out with a laptop with it built in...

Back