Opening .wmv files in Mac OS v.10.2

bananaboi8715

Registered
Does anyone know of a program that I can download which will let me open .wmv files?

I downloaded the Windows Media Player for Mac OSX, figuring that it might allow me to open .wmv formatted files. But, I can't even install the Media Player, because I am forced to Force Quit the installer as soon as it starts the installation. I have the same problem with installing the Shockwave Player, yet my computer runs pretty fast.

Please Help!!

Windows Media Player is the correct application for opening a .wmv file. Try repairing permissions from the Disk Utility in /Applications/Utilities and repairing disk from the Disk Utility on your OSX Install CD (Installer menu > Disk Utility).

Also, try downloading Windows Media Player to your desktop, and trying to launch it from there.

I have a secondary hard drive with all my installers located there, in case I ever need to reinstall. Windows Media Player won't install when launched from that secondary hard drive, and it won't install if I copy it back to the system hard drive. I have to re-download it every time, straight to the desktop and then launch and install. Strange.

Back