opinions

acidtuch10

Registered
What to do:

So I bought beige 266 from a friend for 100 bucks with a 19-inch monitor and SCSI zip and UMAX 1220s scanner. This has a 48x CD ROM installed and a 2-gig SCSI drive and a 4 GIG ATA drive installed.

I reformatted everything and took out the 4 gig drive installed a 10 gig drive and added 640 meg of memory and a ATI Radeon 7000

Installed OS9 on the 2-gig SCSI drive and 10.3.5 on the 10 gig partitioned 8, and 2. And this is currently running really good, browsing, email, ichat etc….

The problem is that while browsing ebay I found a B&W Rev 2 350 for $135. So now I am like maybe sell the beige and get the B&W or keep the Beige and get a CPU upgrade? (CPU upgrade with either machine) Now this is only a tinker machine to play around with, My main machine is a MDD dual.

Just curious on peoples thoughts and opinions.

Thanks

Acidtuch

Being more of a software geek than a hardware geek, my 'tinkering' machine would be for installing huge assortments of OS's on. Whatever system would be fine for that. I'd find the fact that the beige has a floppy disk, and that it's a single box, a lot nicer for that purpose. Some OS's are easily installed from bootstrap floppies; no need for a separate monitor, it's all one neat self contained box...

Of course, I have no idea what you want to do with your tinkering machine. The B&W case is really handy to get into if you're a hardware tinkerer, and there's lots more room in there for extra drives & cards & whatnot.

Back