os x server not talking to windows

moav

Hunter of Muffins
For about 2 years we haven't had any problems talking to our pcs on our network. We have one mac that we used to use as our publishing machine and basically server when 10.2 came out. Well we decided to upgrade to 10.2 server since we are gonna ad a few more pcs and about 3 more macs and wanted to try it out before we got any more machines. After installing 10.2.1 server we can't log in to the workgroups anymore. All the pcs can see the mac server but when we try to access the servers from the pc it says we can't get in. When we had the normal 10.2 os running we had to get in through samba but it worked without a hitch(most of the time) now it just kicks right back when we type in our username and password in the windows XP connect box in the network tasks window. Any ideas? Can anyone step us through this. We are pretty sure we set everything right. Though we still haven't read the entire 500 pages of the admin manual yet.

Thanks

I got the very same problem !

i fixed by using the DAVE application but i'm pretty sure it's should work all by itself !

check out www.afp548.com - look in articles - there are two ways to do this - you may use an LDAP server OR use SMB authentication. Both articles provide acceptable information, but I will warn you that the SMB article was written for OS X Server 10.1, NOT jaguar Server.

Follow the directions as listed, but you also have to turn on windows access in the user account......

Back