• Division Bell

• The Wall

• Darkside of the Moon

• Animals

Results are only viewable after voting.

scott

softer than ever!
OK, the time has come.

The common denominator out here seems to be the music of Pink FLoyd, so I propose a poll.

Your favourite album:

I pick the Division Bell. Honest. If you follow their career, he Division Bell sums up the mistakes of ones life. Opinions?

I was a David Gilmour/Roger Waters admirer myself. Unfortunately I've never had the opportunity see Floyd in there original form but did get to see Waters at the Garden for his Radio K.A.O.S. tour. I was blown away. First 'Surround Sound" concert I've ever heard (before it was even given that term).

Tough choice. I went with Moon, just edging Animals.

I would like to buy a vowel. Huh? What is this? Pink who? Can't say I have heard of them, let alone like them.:D

Im in a rare mood today. Just take my stupidity in stride.:)

Moon? Animals? Moon? Animals? I don't know!

Why don't you just ask me which of my children I like best. They're unique, so they can't really be compared fairly.

So anyway, I voted for Animals because:
1. Nobody else had voted for it yet :(
2. You'll never hear "Pigs on the Wing" on a commercial radio station :p

-tony

Animals? is this for the worst PF album ever made?:D

I voted for The Wall but only because Wish You Were Here got overlooked by scott when he posted this.

Has anyone ever seen the movie that Obscured By Clouds is the soundtrack for? strange but good.:)

BB - you are missing out on some great music - time to expand your horizons;)

About 20 years ago when I was in college (yes, I'm old - I already admitted that in the Zappa thread) I lived in a city that had an old abandoned power plant alongside the Mississippi river.

One day while a friend (a PF fan) and I were "exploring" the place, we noticed that the two tall smokestacks had cables attached to them going through pulleys at the top. We managed to get ahold of one of the cables, even though they had been put "out of the way", and it still worked!

That day we started making plans to construct a HUGE paper-mache pig, and hoist it up between the smokestacks as a tribute to Pink Floyd.

Building it would be the easy part. The tricky part would be the logistics. For example, how do you inconspicuously haul a 20+ foot long pig through the middle of town, and get it up to the roof of the power plant without anyone noticing?

We fully intended to do it, but decided we'd have to wait until spring (it would be hard enough without snow).

Unfortunately, before spring came, they tore the power plant down :mad: It still pisses me off just thinking about it. It would have been great!

Of course nowadays nobody would ever think of doing this. They'd just take a picture of the power plant, and use Photoshop to add the pig ;)

So that's why I really voted for Animals.

-tony

Attachments

• animals.jpg
    animals.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 9
Back