Post a pic of your mac setup!

That means having to tidy my work station. My wife has been trying to get me to do this for months. Now I feel under pressure!

IMG_0410.JPG

Burns, I love how you have that sick g5 with a flatscreen, wireless mouse, ipod, DVDplayer and another screen and you still have the same phone from the early 80s! good stuff!

Here's my setup in my computer room. The first image shows the computers and the corners of the synths, and the second one gives you a better shot of the two synths. (Yes, I know the images are crappy, but it was faster to just take the shots from my camera phone. :p)

Although I have another PC in the living room, I just bought myself a Celeron D 335 CPU for a P4S800 motherboard I have and it will be running Linux. I plan to mess around with some audio software that was recently made available for Linux, one of which is very much like Fruity Loops and GarageBand.

And you can make it look tidy without it actually being tidy. Just be glad that I didn't include the rest of the stuff in my computer room. ::ha:: :D

Attachments

• workstation-view1.jpg
    workstation-view1.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 100
  • workstation-view2.jpg
    workstation-view2.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 52
Here's my computer closet. It's 48" by 48", but I make it work by stacking everthing. Notice my imac on the riser…it's a cool place to work.

Definitely have to get a bigger worktable... It is way too crammed... ;-)

From left to right: my iBook G4 (which is the replacement machine I got from Apple for my iBook G3 that had six logic board failures), my Mac mini, and my Samsung 17" Flatscreen... (also on the pic: Swiss German keyboard, USB mouse, my mate's $ 10 speakers that sound pretty good - while taking the pic, Bodyslam was playing -, a USB hub, and the microphone I use for making Skype calls.)

patrice
http://www.patriceschneider.com/apple-osx/blog/

Attachments

• patrice-macsetup.jpg
    patrice-macsetup.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 63
Here's my setup. Its a bit dull, I know, but I am thinking of building a new desk soon.
There's a Wacom tablet hidden in under all those papers there somewhere. :)

igp02407ih.jpg

You all must be wanting to see my setup if I asked for all of your setups. I have no digital camera (need one badly). But basically what I have is a 12" G4 Powerbook, and a 20GB iPod. This is my first Mac computer, and so far I've been loving it. So much I'm wanting a iMac. But keep posting, I like to see what people have running, and maybe I'll get some pics up and running.

As you can see, I've tidied up a *lot*. Previously, my desktop had over 200 items on it. And I'm not talking about the real desktop here, rather the one inside my Mac. ;) (The real desk's next for tidying...)

My setup changes quite often, though. The PowerBook's continually moved between work, this space at home and the video beamer in the living room, where another external harddive's waiting for the PB.

Attachments

• fryke_workstation_20060205.jpg
    fryke_workstation_20060205.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 61
to "Lt Major Burns": wow - just how do you keep your space so tidy? (Or did you just tidy it up for the photo shoot? ;-))

I envy you... I wish my space looked the same...

I'll send an updated pic soon - because I added more stuff to my workspace (rather than getting rid of all the un-needed stuff), but the macs are still the same... ah, and a printer should be coming soon... Still trying to make up my mind about which inkjet to buy...

patrice
http://www.patriceschneider.com/apple-osx/blog/

Back