PowerLook 1120 Photo Firewire question

Lazzo

Registered
Hi folks, I've just purchased a PowerLook 1120 Firewire scanner to run with my DP 450 Mac with the 6-pin FW 400 ports.

When the loan for the current Mac is paid up in September I plan on renewing it for another three years (there's business confidence) and upgrading to the latest Mac with those new-fangled Firewire 800 9-pin ports.

So I'm wondering if anyone can confirm that with the appropriate adaptor cable the PowerLook will preview and scan faster than now?

Ta!

I wouldn't think so, if the scanner is designed for FireWire 400 then I suspect that it won't work any faster than that.

Unfortunately I get that feeling. I've read the technical blurb on Apple's site, it's a bit ambiguous about legacy Firewire gear.

I'll email Umax support and hope for a reply. There might be a firmware upgrade in the works.

Bump!

I've just had a nasty experience. I had occasion to boot into OS9 this morning so I played with the scanner while I was there. It goes like a rocket in 9.

Eeek! So I tried out the Firewire CD writer on the same job I sent to a printer yesterday and that went faster too.

Does Jag have a slightly dodgy Firewire implementation or is it something I can tweak?

Back