Printers

Zeigan

Registered
If you were getting a new printer to do typical school use, such as printing documents, a few photos and printing web documents, what ink jet printer would you reccomend that is near $150-$200. I havent shopped for one in awhile so i am going off of what i paid for my last printer. (too much nowadays?) It does not have to have super resolution on pictures. My last printer, an hp812c, printed pictures great in my opinion.

The connection type doesnt matter because i may run it off my wireless hub which has an lcpt (whatever it is)port and macs of course have usb. I am really only interested in epson or HP printers (past experience).

Thanks for the suggestions.

I bought an Epson 820 a few months ago for $99.00. Was $149.00 with an Epson $50,00 rebate. I think Amazon has it now for $100.00. The quality is fantastic for pictures.

I had an HP DeskJet 600 for years, and frequently had problems with it. It would often print half of the job, then make this horrendous crunching sound, and act as if there was no paper in the tray. It wasn't loading more than one sheet at a time, and I never found anything broken (nor did the techs I brought it to). I would have to restart my computer entirely as well as unplug my printer to get everything going again. (This was on Windows, btw, so the restart the computer bit might not apply here) I saw this problem on a few other DeskJets, as well.

So I don't have good recommendations for an Epson or HP printer, but I can tell you what I would avoid. I've had no problems with my HP LaserJet 1100 (other than being unsupported for OS X), so I don't think it's a problem with HP printers, just that one.

My roommate has a Canon S630, and is very happy with it. Quick on text, good with pictures. But you said Epson or HP only, so ignore that. ;)

Back