Putting a NVIDIA Geforce 4 MX in my new iMac

sroddy

Registered
Hi all :)
I write here to know if you know any way to put a NVIDIA Geforce 4 MX in my iMac instead of the NVIDIA Geforce 2 MX i have, and maybe, to put 64/128 megs of DDR instead of the 32 in the original one.
My computer is an 800 Mhz G4 Superdrive with 1024 Megs of Ram.
The question is this: Where will i find a suitable card?
Thnx!

iMacs are wonderful and powerful computers but they can't really be upgrated (memory and airport can be). That's their main problem and the price for a such design. :(

good luck and don't regret your purchase ;)
Pierre

No way to take sold some cables from the motherboard to outside and build a my AGP 2X SLOT????
if there is som really good technitians here, pleaase help me ;-)

I thought about this myself once. Scoured the net trying to find someone else who had done it, and didn't come up with anything. It would definitely require a lot of delicate and intricate work. The potential to really foul something up and trash your motherboard would be immense. If anyone has attempted this, I would love to hear about it.

some mad guys did something like this with iMac rev A & B. They made a new computer changing the box (the new one was a CD-Video driver for TV ... something very smart) and some components. I saw (on a magazine) also an iBook put into a king of case. If I find the article I will post some pictures ;)

an idea that will never work but...

if we could find a way to hook it up externaly and then get a nother monitor to plug in to the Video card it might work (but we would have to disable the card on the motherbord...

Back