Question for EveTV 200 owners

thendis

Registered
I've been looking at the EyeTV 200 for my iMac. From what i've read I'm convinced it's a great buy. I have just one concern that I hope EyeTV owners can answer for me.

I have read all about their Electronic Programming Guide available to easily program TV shows. However this is only available in US and UK so I will not be able to use it (I live in Australia).

I don't really mind, but I just want to confirm that you CAN manually program tv shows without the use of the EPG? And if you can do this, will it wake up the Mac if it is asleep?

Thanks in advance :)

Well, I took the risk and bought it anyway. Luckily, you CAN program TV shows manually (i figured as much. Be pretty useless if you couldn't).

EyeTV absolutely rocks! It's a really good quality product, not one of those gimmicky products they throw together without thinking everything through. It's everything I expected and much more.

Only thing is that you can't record one channel and watch another ('least I don't think you can - anyone know differently?). But I dont think this is a bad design problem, but a harware restriction problem. It does have two FireWire outputs, though, so I wonder if you can stream two seperate windows?

Back