Safari and Firefox Infected

bmgid

Registered
somehow got the coolwebsearch spyware irus in both browsers but cannot find mac compatible spyware removal software. What can I do???

Thanks,
bmgid

Not to sound rude, but after a quick google search i've found no evidence of the possibility of browser hijacking from coolwebsearch in OS X... check the start page in both browser and set it back to what you like...

I agree with Tetano. I haven't been able to find any report of it infecting an OS X machine.

it was definitely infected, every link from google was opening coolwebsearch.com from both safari and firefox, then, as quickly as it started happening it was gone.

i was speaking to some folks in the office speculating about whether or not it could have been something on our corporate LAN or server that got infected instead???

Any thoughts to that effect?

much better now.

Sounds like something on the servver was causing the redirects.
Maybe their virus or spyware programs finally caught it.

Do you have a direct connection to the internet, or are you getting the internet through a server? As others have said, if that server is not running Mac OS X, then it's highly likely that the server was compromised -- not your machine.

Currently, there are absolutely no virii that affect OS X. I do not believe there is a single piece of spyware that exists for OS X as well.

Back