Safari Beta 2 (v73) officially out!

ooh! I like the "Open in Tabs"-function when you make a folder with links in the Bookmarks Bar

verrrrry good!

Only, Rendezvous still not working! Is it 10.3 only or something? Why do they put it there when it isn't built in yet.. ?

This is going to sound really wierd... but I can't find any reference to tabs anywhere. How do we open up a tab?

I want to see what all this fuss is about! :D

This version is even faster than the last public beta. The back/forward cache seems to be faster and even scrolling is a bit faster. :D

It has messed up the post reply buttons at the bottom of the forums though. See attachment.

Attachments

• forum.jpg
    forum.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 81
After using it for a while, I start to wonder why it allows me to set something about openning page to where when other application requested, but I cannot let the page load in tab.

Nevermind... I just looked in the preferences. You have to enable tabbed browsing. I guess I just didn't see it because I had only been using v60 up till this point.

If you set it to "in the current window" the URL requested by the other application will open in a new tab.

so far, this thing flies. i have only 2 minor complaints so far:

tab switching is kind of slow at times, even with only 2 or 3 tabs open.

i'm still waiting for them to get the 'check spelling as you type' pref to stick between sessions.

other than that, this browser is truly amazing. loads pages lightning quick,looks great, and the feature set is starting to set it at par with the other big time browsers for mac.

Wow, and who was saying we wouldn't find this until WWDC?
I guess someone from Apple must have read this!

Originally posted by kanecorp
very nice
now how do i get rid of that debug menu that i had from otherh versions?

basicly the opposite of the way you enabled it, eg:

defaults write com.apple.Safari EnableDebugMenu 0

close safari, and in terminal, type

defaults write com.apple.Safari
IncludeDebugMenu 0

that should do the trick for you.

Originally posted by kanecorp
very nice
now how do i get rid of that debug menu that i had from otherh versions?

I agree, it appears slower with certain tabs. BBC world news page loads correctly now. Additionally, the spell check would be nice if it remained on between sessions.

Cool thanks for the answer of the myth ;) I think they need to lable the feature more signifantly...

you know what would be really good. Browse the web togheter with Rendezvous!

Ok, it's a stolen idea from the new feature in MSN 8/9/? . Ohwell..Everybody steals.

i'm still having problems with cookies.

If i click "log out" on this board, it says: "All cookies cleared". But i'm not logged out...

Same on other forums (phpBB-forums)

Back