small (?) problem with plist

saffron

Registered
Hello!

Again and again i get the following message in the console:
2003-01-26 16:42:35.641 Finder[347] CFLog (0):
CFPropertyListCreateFromXMLData(): plist parse failed; the data is not proper UTF-8. The file name for this data could be:
Contents/Info.plist -- file://localhost/Applications/Adobe%20Photoshop%207/Adobe%20Photoshop%207.0/
The parser will retry as in 10.1, but the problem should be corrected in the plist.

Is this a serious problem or should I ignore it?
What can I do?

Thanks for all recommendations from Germany,
Soeren

Looks like the plist is corrupt.
I am no genius at OSX, still fairly knew to it, but my computer mind tells me this is something to do with Adobe Photoshop.

Try reinstalling Photoshop, that might work. Not sure though :rolleyes:

Originally posted by saffron
Hello!

Again and again i get the following message in the console:
2003-01-26 16:42:35.641 Finder[347] CFLog (0):
CFPropertyListCreateFromXMLData(): plist parse failed; the data is not proper UTF-8. The file name for this data could be:
Contents/Info.plist -- file://localhost/Applications/Adobe%20Photoshop%207/Adobe%20Photoshop%207.0/
The parser will retry as in 10.1, but the problem should be corrected in the plist.

Is this a serious problem or should I ignore it?
What can I do?

Thanks for all recommendations from Germany,
Soeren

Same here, just for other applications (ATI driver, Palm) Tried reinstalling the drivers etc. but to no avail. I'm having problems with the screen resolution changing after waking up from sleep and think this is related. Couldn't find any hint on that so far.

Try dragging the plist to the trash and launching Photoshop.

com.adobe.Photoshop.plist

FROM HERE;

user>library>preferences

You can trash the plist as Bobw has indicated. The app will write another one file when you reopen it.

Moreover, Adobe products have a tune-up app that will handle most HD problems. For example, I moved my adobe apps from one hardrive to another, it gave me an error, I ran the Tuneup app, all is fine.
A reinstall would be your last option.

Originally posted by bobw
Try dragging the plist to the trash and launching Photoshop.

com.adobe.Photoshop.plist

FROM HERE;

user>library>preferences

The funny thing is that it happens to show up for any kind of application. I wonder why suddenly so many plists got corrupted. I think there's something more fundamental going wrong.

This is what I just got:

2003-06-29 15:25:24.903 Finder[415] CFLog (0):
/System/Library/CoreServices/Finder.app/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/main.nib/objects.xib
2003-06-29 15:25:25.021 Finder[415] CFLog (0):
file://localhost/usr/share/zoneinfo/Europe/Zurich
2003-06-29 15:25:25.120 Finder[415] CFLog (0):
/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/LaunchServices.framework/Resources/English.lproj/Localized.strings
2003-06-29 15:25:25.170 Finder[415] CFLog (0):
/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/LaunchServices.framework/Resources/English.lproj/Localized.strings
2003-06-29 15:25:25.514 Finder[415] CFLog (0):
2003-06-29 15:25:25.565 Finder[415] CFLog (0):
2003-06-29 15:25:27.213 Finder[415] CFLog (0):
2003-06-29 15:25:27.265 Finder[415] CFLog (0):
2003-06-29 15:25:43.897 Finder[415] CFLog (0):
/System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/NavigationServices.framework/Resources/English.lproj/Localized.strings
2003-06-29 15:25:47.587 Finder[415] CFLog (0):
/Applications/Safari.app/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/InfoPlist.strings
2003-06-29 15:25:58.893 Finder[415] CFLog (0):
/Applications/Safari.app/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/InfoPlist.strings

Back