SoundSticks loosing sound after sleep

iKevin

Registered
I have just got my first G4(733 QuickSilver) and I also purchased a pair of the Harman/Kardon soundsticks with it. They work great....till the system goes into sleep mode, then the sound gets confused between them and the built in speaker on the PowerMac....any workaround for this? it gets annoying going into the system prefs and switching to the built in speaker and then back to the soundsticks every time it comes out of deep sleep.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

I have a Dual 1Ghz Quicksilver with some external speakers plugged into it. When the machine goes to sleep you lose the sound from the external speakers. I have had to unplug the speakers then turn off the sound with the keyboard then turn it back n with the keyboard.

Then I plug back in the speakers and it all works again. Before I upgraded to my G4 Dual 1Ghz Quicksilver I had a 867Mhz Quicksilver this had the same problem.

I think apple would call that a undocumented feature : )

Got a Dual 800 here. Don't usually set mine to sleep. I've got the screensaver set to ask for a password when de-activated. I'll set it to sleep tonight and see what happens in the morning.
BTW- Do you have it set to go to sleep after inactivity or do you force it to sleep (Apple Menu:Sleep, Power Button, etc…)?

Back