Special accents and letters (Bosnian, Croat, etc)

Durbrow

Registered
I am producing a newsletter for the Bosnian refugee community. Bosnian uses the Croatian character set (not cyrillic). I have the Croation fonts. There are special letters like s with the upside down hat and z with the upside down hat, etc. But I can't do this for the letter c, that is, c with the upside down hat or v. Is this possible? If so, do you know what keystroke to use? Yes I've searched the keyboard but can't find it. I suspect it does not exist for c as it does for s and z. Many many thanks.

You can try going into system prefs --> keyboard and add the "Character pallette" as a keyboard language. You can then select it in the keyboard language dropdown and browse to the character you want. I think it also tells you the keystroke combo to use. (Sorry my instructions aren't more specific, I'm not at my Mac right now)

Thanks for the responses. The Character Pallette tells me that my 'c' with a caron above it exisits. However the Keyboard Pallette does not have a keyboard equivalent for it. Furthermore, if I try to copy or INSERT the character into RagTime, it does not work. I think it is unicode and RagTime does not do unicode.

Durbrow said:
Thanks for the responses. The Character Pallette tells me that my 'c' with a caron above it exisits. However the Keyboard Pallette does not have a keyboard equivalent for it. Furthermore, if I try to copy or INSERT the character into RagTime, it does not work. I think it is unicode and RagTime does not do unicode.

There is a Croatian keyboard layout as well in the Input Menu pane. If you enable the keyboard viewer too, you can see where the Croatian letters are located.

I don't think RagTime is the right tool to use if it doesn't support unicode, though. There's no other way to input those letters. You should look into Adobe InDesign.

Back