Stuck CD in Titanium

Yeeeeeeha

Registered
Any tricks on getting it out?

I did some searches here but not much came up. Maybe I'm using the wrong words...??

-Y

I know about the eject "hole". mine is a little rubber nub with a button behind it. pushed and pushed and pushed and the CD won't come out.

never mind... :) I found an article on apple.com about slot CD drives and using a paperclip through the slot to eject it. Little devil came popping right out.

-Y

yep, a paper clip should always be sitting on the desk or at least within arm's reach. has saved the day more than once. (don't feel bad at all, i had to call tech support the first time to find it, even after i suppossedly knew where it was):D

yea, but it's still a long way from being ready to be tossed over devil's slide or the off the golden gate, huh?:D the real test is how many more will you get a chance to face?

The drive seems to be having mechanism problems as well... Argh! I'll put a CD in and it won't always mount. It just sits in there and then gets spit out. At least it comes out I guess.

Maybe I should stop using it as a wheel chalk for my SR-71.. hehe :)

-Y

have you done all your updates? i remember having problems like what you describe with the driver in my imac when i first got it - also part of why i learned to use the clip. I just needed to update the driver and it worked fine. it seems the drivers can be pretty model specific so this might be worth checking into.

oh yea, i just remembered, that clip is also good for helping get the fuzz out of the mouse. of course you won't need that with the Ti, but i thought i'd throw it in the thread for the heck of it.

Back