Swap my gaming PC for iMac G5

titch162006

Registered
I have an awesome PC, which runs perfectly with plenty of software and hardware bundled with it. Excellent computer, that has been upgraded regularly throughout the past year.

Basically, if anyone has an iMac G5 they would kindly swap, i would be very grateful.

Thanks a lot

Titch

If you would like specs then just say!!

Out of curiosity, have you thought about purchasing a Mac mini or a previously owned Power Mac G4 tower? That way you don't have to get rid of the PC...remember that it has its place too. I still have my Athlon XP 2400+ system and I'm not getting rid of it even though I love my iMac G5.

My wife's cousin purchased a used dually 500 MHz Power Mac G4 and is totally in love with it. He says it runs Panther quite well.

Unless, of course, money is a bigger issue than I figure, hence the need for the trade...

Hey, yeah... if you just want a Mac to add on, a Mac Mini is a great idea.... use your current keyboard, mouse, and monitor with the Mac mini as well as the PC.... maybe buy a switcher so that you can switch back and forth easily between computers?

That is, if you want to just add on a cheap Mac. However, if you wanted a new iMac with built-in iSight webcam and Front Row software.... heck, I wouldn't blame you. ;)

Forget the iSight and Remote... the iMac G5's graphics card upgrade is the most interesting upgrade I have seen in ages. Finally a Macintosh for the mainstream that you _Can_ play all the latest games with.

X600Pro and X600XT Pci-E are astoundingly good cards and at the moment blow the ones that come with the PowerMac G5 out of the water. Time to say goodbye to my Dual 1.8... Hello iMac.

Pippin said:
X600Pro and X600XT Pci-E are astoundingly good cards and at the moment blow the ones that come with the PowerMac G5 out of the water. Time to say goodbye to my Dual 1.8... Hello iMac.

You might want to wait until after the 19th (this Wed)...

What are the specs? I am looking for a good gaming PC, and if I get the parts for my own, I'd be interested in what specs you have on yours.

Why...What happens on the 19th.....getting excited. They just released the new imac. what else happens.

Huh..Oh yeah. My comp here is the deal:

AMD Athlon XP 2600+ 2.13 overclocked to 2.3 (ish)
2 CD/DVD drives. One writes.
128 mb graphics card. Nvidia geforce fx 5200
1 gb RAM
17 inch screen (almost brand new)
2.1 speakers. Very good actually.
Wireless Keyboard and Mouse. (or optical corded mouse)

Lost of software (will specify if ya want)
Uh....Headphones....Cords etc

That's about it...

Thanks Titch

They expect update to the pro line (PowerBooks and PowerMacs) tomorrow (19th).

Is anyone going to make me an offer. I am currently selling on ebay, but can easily cancel if you guys wanta swap.

I have changed my mind either an imac g5 or a powermac g4. Either would be awesome.

Cheers

Titch

You doubt you will get anyone swapping for your machine. Sorry in no way is it a "gaming PC" :(

Pippin said:
You doubt you will get anyone swapping for your machine. Sorry in no way is it a "gaming PC" :(

Well, it's obviously not an Athlon 64 X2 or a Pentium D system, but it still holds its own. I have an Athlon XP 2400+ system with 1 GB RAM and a Sapphire Tech RADEON 9600XT 256MB that still can run some good games. I have yet to test it with Quake 4. And according to the specs, I'm above the minimum requirements even if my system doesn't make it to the recommended scenario for the game. And I'm not even OC-ing.

So yes, this system still has a lot of pep in it, especially if it's being overclocked...although that might be a double-edged sowrd since it HAS been overclocked and isn't running at stock speed.

Back