Switch hardrives in two iBooks? help please!

mikasjoman

Registered
Hi!

My father has a iBook 500 and I have an older iBook 300 (BlueWhite). The thing is that I only have a 3 gig HD and with the devtools installed I don't have much space left for anything. My father has a 12 gig HD in his, and he needs about the 3 gig's I have (he does not need the dev tools and he only uses his computer for writing textdocuments).

So I came up with the great Idea to just switch the HD's, but I don't have a clue how to do it, and I would like to have some comment's if it could be dangerus and if it acctually is possible to do.

And if it's possible I wonder if anyone could tell me how to open the computers up and how to change the HD's.

Sincerely

No idea whether the sphysical sizes of the HDs are the same either.. if, probably could switch them. But then, if your dad needs his computer more for using it only as office and you your mac for everything else, wouldn't it have much more sense to simply change the computers? You'd have your dad's mac and your dad would have yours?

if your dad needs his computer more for using it only as office and you your mac for everything else, wouldn't it have much more sense to simply change the computers?

Agreed. Not only would the son make better use of the extra harddisk space, but he could also go for the extra mhz (processor speed). I was using an old Powerbook the other day... running System 7.5... and I thought it was bearable for use as a word processor. It's only a matter of convincing the father...

Back