t-630/t-610 + Apple Address book

sUICIDE_mONKEY

Registered
I got a t-630 at christmas time and have picked up a second hand t-610 for my other sim card, anyway.... When I connected my powerbook upto the t-630 at christmas time, i noticed a bluetooth symbol in address book. I tried to get it to work, as it seems to allow you to be able to send txts through the phone, or dial phone numbers through it. I couldnt get it to connect or work so i presumed the phone (t-630) wasnt compatible with these features so left it. But tonight I was connecting the t-610 up and getting it synced and stuff, I saw the button again and decided to give it another shot.. and it connected, but not to the t610, to the t-630 which i thought wasnt compatible..... it gives me the options (ie, they arent 'greyed out') to ring and send texts. But even though it seems to be connected, when i prepare a txt it appears to send but it doesnt get to any phones

Does anyone use this feature with a t-610 t-630 t-6xx fone? or know whether or not it is compatible?

I use a T610 and it works for me. Sadly, I can't remember how I set it up, though, except that I started by pairing the phone in Bluetooth system preferences, then in iSync.

I paired it using sys prefs aswell, what version of osX you using? I'm using 10.2.8......Could be the OS version, or possibly would the computer see the first paired phone (t-630) as the default one?....

The T610 and T630 only support particular file types to be uploaded to the phones. For example, you can upload .jpg files, but not .doc files. Try changing the extension from .txt to .jpg and then transferring it to the phone. Hopefully that'll work.

Cheers, but what im trying to do is send a text or phone a number through the inbuilt support in osx's Address book.
When i click the bluetooth button in address book it wont connect to my t610 but will connect to my t630 (i switch the bluetooth on, on the hadsets individually)
Ive been readin up on this on the net and it seems that the t630 isnt compatible but the t610 is which doesnt make sense as it seems to be the other way around as my address book wont connect to the t610 but will to the t630
Even at this when i click to send a text or dial a number through the t630 it seems to work but doesnt as the phone im calling doesnt ring or get the text
Everything else works fine, i can sync and upload and download images/themes/ringtones etc from it

yes. i understand that. and it is very strange. if the alternatives are black and you can choose them, it should work. maybe you should try to just have one phone paired to your computer and see if it makes any difference.

in isync i have .mac, ipod, palm pilot, t630 then t610. I just tried moving them about but it wont let me. ive tried it when either one or the other fone isnt paired and it still wont work....

Back