Tablet Power book

HoZ

The All-Powerful Pie Nazi
we need a varient of the Power Mac with a Tablet option,
Jasu a thought...:)

sorry, why do we need a tabletPC (tm)?

i mean, so you can look like that guy? or the people in the M$ adverts? i have never been able to see the real point of a tablet pc... jesus, it replaces a pad of paper...!

tip. buy an a4 pad of paper (59p), and a pen (26p) and that will do the tablet side of things. then spend the £2000 on a powerbook. that has a keyboard. and can be used as normal computer

my £0.02

tablets have uses in the vertical markets such as healthcare and service providers. (outside of this, i dont see many people walking around their house computing with these! ;) )I would be interested to see if Apple will actually move on this idea. This would have a great benefit to the healthcare industry, which is currently treading in the murky waters of MicroSuck to provide them with tablet computer solutions. The HIPAA standards that the gov't are putting in place would work, if the hardware itself were secure enough. An Apple solution /may/ be able to help in this arena.

One of the big criticisms I have of Table PCs is the LCD hinge. These have really flimsy hinges, which is a stark contrast to the hinge of the Powerbooks and iBooks. Sheer solid quality you'll find in the iBooks and Powerbooks. I'm usually afraid that I'd snap something with these Tablet PCs.

My father actually bought one of these tablet PCs. He inspects homes, and he uses it as he goes around to record problems. It doesn't have the hinges thing, it's one piece, with the LCD screen on one side. It doesn't have a keyboard, unless you plug a USB one in. It seems to work well for what he needs, and is well made...except for the fact that it uses Windows. If Apple has any extra engineers, maybe they could work up a quick iTablet, just to spare people who need it from being forced to use a Windows version.

Back