Tiger Shutdown Issue

abatista

Registered
I Just Installed Tiger On My 17" Pb, 1gb 1sodimm, 1.5 Ghz, And When I Go To Shutdown It Just Hangs, Finder And Everything Quits, Nothing Else. All I See Is My Desktop Background, Can Anyone Tell Me What Is Wrong?

Is this a clean install or an upgrade? I've heard of various issues with upgrading the os and believe this (if the case) can be the source of your issue. I would follow the normal routine:

1) repair permissions
2) start off of cd and run disk utility (or run an fsck)
3) If above fails, reinstall the os

If you have Virex or Norton System Works (or AV in my opinion also), then uninstalling them is needed. Their uninstallers are on the McAfee and Norton websites. They are incompatible with Tiger. Also, VPC has caused problems for some. And, you could boot into safe mode (extensions off) and explore the possibility that you have extension conflicts.

Well i had some shutdown problems myself after upgrading from Panther to Tiger.
For what i have seen on this forum is that Norton makes a big problem.
When i thought i had uninstalled everything of Norton it still didn't work but just now several day's after i uninstalled norton something came up form norton and i thought '' hey i've uninstalled it right?!'' then i looked where it came from and that was form startupitems in library! i've checked all the maps and some of them had some norton things in there logs so i archived it and deleted it and restarted and it did!
Hope this is the problem :p

Greetings from the Netherlands

It is in the Strartup Items Folder, I just now fixed it with this forums help...
In Library/Startupitems drag them all to a seperate drive or something and then put them back one at a time with a restart for each. My issue was with this little guy...
SpeedToolsDTStartupItem

Back